Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sarah Returns, Spring Break, and Sunrise Juice

Long time no see, right?
 
I apologize for my terrible blog-posting record the past couple of months.  Due to unforeseen circumstances, I was spending all of my energy corralling a large group of extroverted 2nd graders.  Yeah.  That didn't leave enough energy to put away my clean clothes, let alone write blog posts.  So, I am sorry, but it was unavoidable.
 
Now it's spring break!  And I have a highly efficient aide.  So hooray for sleeping in past 4:45.  And yippee for reading a book in longer than 10-page increments.  A whole week of Saturdays...  I am a happy girl!
 
 
 
Speaking of energy, have you ever tried juicing?  I was recently introduced when my sister and I took on this detox diet from Whole Living for the season of Lent.  Our first week, the only things we could eat were fruits, vegetables, nuts, and lentils.  Our breakfasts were either juice or smoothies.  So I borrowed my MIL's juicer for the six weeks, and experimented.
 
I stumbled upon this discovery.  Although it is not a detox juice, it is a delicious juice.  And it will give you an amazing spike of energy.  It's very seasonal during late January/early February if you live in Florida.  Probably later if you do not.  It is beautiful.  It is smooth.  And if you have a juicer, you must try it!  If you do not have a juicer, you should make friends with someone who does and convince them to make it for you.
 
Without further ado:
 
Sunrise Juice
 
Ingredients:
2 oranges
12 strawberries
2 large or 3 small carrots
 
Cut carrots and oranges into smaller pieces so they will fit into the juicer.  Push all of the fruits and vegetables through the juicer.  Mix the juices together and drink immediately (if you like it chilled, add some ice).  Don't forget to clean your juicer before everything gets crusted on!
 
If you try it, let me know what you think!

5 comments:

  1. "Never contradict. Never explain. Never apologize. (Those are the secrets of a happy life!)." --John Arbuthnot Fisher (1841-1920), letter to The Times of London, September 5, 1919.

    Meanwhile, where is MY juice? When do I get MY juice. ;)

    ReplyDelete