Saturday, March 17, 2012

I did it!

After way more procrastination than is necessary (hmm... am I seeing a pattern here?), I finally managed to make my own chocolate syrup!

Can I just say...wow!!??

I would have done this a long time ago if I had only known.  In the end, inspired by a concern about some of the ingredients in Hershey's chocolate syrup, in addition to its less than stellar quality of chocolate taste, I found this recipe:  Annie's Eats DIY Chocolate Syrup

You have to go look at it to believe how easy it is.

Not only that -- it tastes like real chocolate -- rich, deep, sweet (but not too sweet), and not even slightly metallic.  And for a 20-minute time investment (most of which is not too intensely supervised)?

I am only too happy to say...see ya store-bought chocolate syrup (or maybe not)!

P.S.  I would post a picture of its beautiful, dark, delicious beauty in its super-cute glass bottle, but...  I left my camera in New Hampshire (a story for another day).  So go look at Annie's Eats if you want to make your mouth water.  Believe me, it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment